Alternative Provision Safeguarding Conference 12th July 2019
Alternative providers from across the Midlands attended our safeguarding conference on Friday to develop a greater understanding of how to keep pupils safe in the context of working with New Leaf and in Walsall. A number of sessions we delivered including:
- Simon Bradley - Knife crime, gangs and anti social behaviour in Walsall
- Kate Mullinder - Criminal exploitation and Child Sexual Exploitation in Walsall
- Dave Chadwick - PREVENT and Single Points of Contact
- Kelly Adcock - Sexually harmful behaviour
- Kelvin Stephens - Online Safety
- The conference gave an opportunity for providers to raise their awareness of some of the specific concerns relating to Walsall and understand how they can help the children and young people in their care keep themselves safe.