Information for Parents
The "Information for Parents" document is intended to provide clarity and transparency to pupils and parents or carers about what to expect from remote education if local restrictions require pupils to remain at home. Also included below are documents to support different aspects of home learning and self-isolation. Please do get in touch with any members of staff to discuss them further. We hope you find them useful.
- Remote education provision: information for parents
- Remote Learning Policy October 2020
- Online Safety Policy
- Supporting home learning routines - Planning the day
- Using an Xbox One or PlayStation 4 to access Online Learning
- DFE Laptop Log-in Instructions
- Kindness activity pack
- Coping with COVID-19 Isolation, Supporting Children with Learning Disability/ASD
- Read with TRUST
- 7 top tips to support reading at home for Key Stage 2
- 7 Top Tips to Support Reading at Home
- About Coronavirus - workbook for children
- Coronavirus social story
- Helping children manage in unsettling times
- Talking to children about coronavirus
Specific activities for classes can be found by selecting your child's teacher
General Online Learning Resources
Here is a link for Cornerstones, which offers daily challenges for all pupils - https://cornerstoneseducation.co.uk/news/10-big-ideas-free-home-learning-challenges-for-children-and-families/
Oak National Academy - Oak National Academy is an online classroom providing free resources to teachers nationally during school closures. Click on the link above.
https://www.votesforschools.com/downloads/ - (Please contact your Form Tutor for log-in details)
Free science lessons
Wide range of cool educational videos
You Tube videos on many subjects
As above for a younger audience
Science awards you can complete from home.
Digital enterprise award scheme you can complete online.
Free challenge packs and other downloads. Many activities can be completed indoors. Badges cost but are optional.
All kinds of making.
Is in U.S. grades, but good for UK Primary age.
Listening activities for the younger ones.
A lot of these can be done in a garden, or if you can get to a remote forest location!
Resources for English language learning
Lots of free resources for Primary age
Aimed at Secondary age. Multi disciplinary activities.
If you have a stamp and a nearby post box.
Good, free art activities
Educational online games
Worksheets and powerpoints that can be used to revise.