Welcome to the New Leaf Inclusion Centre
The staff and Governors are committed to make a positive impact on the lives of every young person that attends New Leaf Centre. We passionately believe that every young person attending New Leaf is capable of achieving strong personal and academic progress through our caring and nurturing approach.
Our Aims and Ethos:
The New Leaf Centre aims to provide, a supportive, consistent educational environment for all students. Promoting positive mental health alongside academic achievement – whilst developing social skills, independence, self-motivation and respect for others.
We provide a personalised learning experience with the aim of securing a student’s successful reintegration/transition into an appropriate educational provision, and in turn, help equip them with the skills to achieve in their future.
Our core values, underpin everything we do:
Our commitment to nurturing, student-centred approaches supports and inspires young people to:
- resilience and determination in overcoming challenges they face within and beyond school;
- become motivated by their own personal and academic successes;
- aspire to fulfil their potential as lifelong learners
We believe in preparing young people for the future by providing a high quality broad and balanced inclusive curriculum, which promotes:
- key core values, skills and knowledge in which equality is promoted and difference is celebrated;
- the development of flexible, adaptable learners who embrace challenge, communicate efficiently and work collaboratively;
- social, emotional, physical and intellectual development
Our supportive community values and nurtures personal and academic progress. High expectations of staff, students, parents and carers leads to young people:
- achieving personal, social and academic success
- understanding and fulfilling their potential
- developing the necessary skills and confidence to progress successfully to post-16 education, employment or training opportunities
Mrs S. Gould